steam explosion | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter ecowarm
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1K

Discuss steam explosion in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ecowarm

Just seen a britony 11 multipoint water heater, its gas valve had jammed open, boiled the water and the resulting steam had blown several soldered joints and fired a section of pipe across the kitchen and filled the house with steam.

Never seen anything like it in 30+ years of plumbing.

Any pictures? lol

I had a main Mersey, or was it a Medway, just last week with a sticking water valve that opened the main gas to the burner!! Seriously dangerous pieces of kit! The new one's have an o/heat stat and t'couple fitted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen a britony 11 multipoint water heater, its gas valve had jammed open, boiled the water and the resulting steam had blown several soldered joints and fired a section of pipe across the kitchen and filled the house with steam.

Seen it manytimes over the past 30yrs, shame they dont make it anymore:bomb:

im replacing one toady putting in a new bf main easy job woop

on the plus side you wont have to strip it down for the scrap bin its self sorting

Probably water section leaking into the gas section for ages,corroding up,good old french plumbing

dont scare me ive got to remove the stat on a hideawy boiler tomorrow to try and get the gravity hw circs going airlocked somewhwere going to try and boil it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Sounds like the trvs shut down and open the...
Replies
Views
Back