Steel pipe size identification | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Steel pipe size identification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
i need to cap this pipe under the floor, will need to remove the elbow and fit a cap. Not sure what size the pipe is. 1/2 inch??

7BEAE219-E8F3-4AE8-BE6F-1DA4E22ADE8A.jpeg

D2786F81-78C3-4450-8146-2635271885F1.jpeg

looks 1/2 should measure 3/4 od

3/4 should measure 1" od

could be 3/8

i use steel pipe for non plumbing uses (industrial decor) that looks like 3/8 if you can take a photo against a rule i check against the sizes i have in stock looks too small for half inch not trying to sell just give advise ive got all sizes of black pressure pipe in my workshop so will be able to give a definite answer

It does look like 3/8" to me but it is always difficult to tell off a photo.
Normally the O.D. of steel measure roughly the next size up to what it is. There and thereabouts. Or if you look at a fitting on the steel it may say the size on one side.

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Measure the width of the of the steel tube 1”...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
B
I wouldn't bother even trying. Water jetters...
Replies
Views
Hi, how have you got on with your toilets?
Replies
Views
Back