Sterling oil fired burner | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sterling oil fired burner in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smac

I have a sterling oil fired burner about 5year old when timeclock has been switch on burner will fire up and sometimes will not fire up customer has to press lockout button on control box burner will fire as normal this has happen on several occasions in which I replaced control box and this keeps happening would great for some solutions on this

When was last service/nozzle etc, I seem to remember sterlings needing to ba accurately set up with regards to electrodes etc. What appliance is it on?

Burner is fitted on Turco boiler last serviced 1yr ago what do you advice me on regarding electrodes.

Need some more details.
What made you change control box?
When it fires does it run to lockout, how long does it run for, when it locks out can it be immediately reset.
As above what condition is nozzle? Good oil flow at correct pressure? Fuel filter clean? No water in tank?

It could be a number of things here.Have you checked the photocell?Combustion settings?

As the above also you say it's been a year since last serviced, was it done properly then? are the baffles clean and clear of soot?

Oil nozzle has been replaced oil filter has been cleaned checked pump pressure and control box Is siemens loa24 sometimes burner will fire for about 5 to 10 sec and them go to lockout what is best way to check oil tank for wAter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
L
With no pressure gauge or flue gas analyser...
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a...
Replies
Views
Lincoln22
L
The connection of the HT leads shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Back