Still looking for a gas safe registered plumber in Coventry to take on my nipper. | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Still looking for a gas safe registered plumber in Coventry to take on my nipper. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetdrip

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Still hope admin are okay with this.As this isn't SPAM, buy a plea!

ARE YOU A GAS SAFE REGISTERED PLUMBER WITH AMBITION? THEN PLEASE READ ON.
To the plumber that takes up this offer: After all your contact and offer details are place on my website: coventry plumbing and heating with billboards:eek:ne 6' long x 3' high the other 3'x3' in place above our shop, too. I honestly believe I can at least double your workload.
I'm receiving phone calls now through the website.
I OWN ONE OF THE TOP DOMAIN NAMES FOR THE SEARCH TERM: COVENTRY PLUMBING AND HEATING.
We also have a shop based in the Walsgrave road area of Coventry, next to the bus stops at the top of Ball Hill. This area is one of the "dead slow" traffic areas in Coventry. We will place two advertising boards above our shop with your plumbing and gas details and contact numbers etc.
The website will have your details and offers place on it too.
We will also place your business flyers and offers in each of our shop customers purchase bag
All the above will be paid for and run by me, that includes all upkeep.Youpay nothing.
All you have to do is take my son under your wing and allow him to learn the trade.
He will work for one month for zero wages as that's all D.W.P. will allow.He's yet to sit his driving test, however, I can drop him of and pick him up anywhere in the Coventry area...no problem with that at all.
Note,I found this out yesterday, as Matthew is over 21 ,just, the company that take him on receive a £2,700 grant for doing so.

The website mentioned is page one Google.I can do so much more with this site, but only when I have YOUR details and offers place thereon.
This offer should be a no-brainer to any gas safe registered plumber. I can only fully commit to all the above once I know all is water-tight.

I HAVE THE WEBSITE BASED ABILITY AND KNOWLEDGE TO TAKE THE AFOREMENTIONED WEBSITE TO THE VERY TOP FOR COVENTRY PLUMBING AND HEATING, BUSINESS WISE.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Your son is really lucky to have a dad like you!

I love the fact that your approach to getting your son a job is so eccentric ( Eccentric is good in my book)
have you contacted local firms and asked them directly?
There may not be many from Coventry who read this forum.

I'm also thinking have you got planning permission for those bill boards - cos that is how my mind works even though I'm 200 miles away!

I think we would be okay with the billboards as we would be advertising a service that we in the shop below offer.If that's not the case.We have a large trolley,12'x4', which we wheel out everyday.We could, if need be, place advertising on there.Which thinking about it would actually be better as it's at eye-level.Plus this cannot be seen as a fixed billboard, so yes, that would be much better.

It's the employment paperwork which most can't be bothered with.

Wouldn't call it eccentric.
It's a hard-nosed business proposition.
I'll do doing all the SEO for the site, plus the full website rebuild, all the employers details going onto the coventryplumbingandheating website.
I'd be paying for flyers, walking round and hand delivering flyers to all properties in my area, plus flyer handouts to all customers that purchase from our shop, business cards polo shirts and other branded clothing too, paid for be me.

I'd be spending loads of time making sure there's work coming in from my side of town.Building a solid customer base for the employer/gas safe registered engineer who takes on Matt.
The calls I receive now are just been farmed out to various plumbers in my area, and they do not even know I'm doing so.

Last edited:
What happened to the other guy who took him on?

What happened to the other guy who took him on?

Colin: plumber0808 took Matthew on. Colin's a great lad;however his business partner wasn't "warming" to the idea of employing an apprentice, D.W.P's hassle?
I received a phone call from D.W.P. aka the dole asking why Matthew had not turned up for a "paid" job with City Link.He had previously contacted all concerned to let them know he would be starting with Colin on the very same Monday, he was suppose to start with City Link.
Same old,same old they never seem to know what they're doing!
D.W.P. informed me that as Matthew was over 21, he's 22.The company that takes him on are entitled to £2,700 for doing so.
The D.W.P. (the dole) would also allow Matthew to claim his dole for one month ONLY.
They also stated they no longer allow anyone to work for free for longer than one month, as they've found there are companies ELSEWHERE, that just take on and then dump, then take on and dump, before said time period lapses.
Anyway they asked for a contact number for the company taking Matthew on so they could forward the necessary paperwork to that company, so they could claim the £2,700 they were entitled to for employing Matthew.
I can only suspect they pushed Colin regarding employing Matthew on a permanent basis.
I can only guess that Colin's business partner got cold feet.Too much paper work = too much hassle.

Didn't ask why, as I know it was nowt to do with Matthew.I just have to move on and find a suitable Coventry plumber with ambition,who is Gas registered.
Hope that goes some way to answering your question.
Cheers
Paul

Last edited:
Hi wet drip! I think what you're doing for your son is great. But, why isn't he doing this himself? I'm not having a dig but do you not think he would seem more employable if he was putting himself out abit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi wet drip! I think what you're doing for your son is great. But, why isn't he doing this himself? I'm not having a dig but do you not think he would seem more employable if he was putting himself out abit?

He does as much as I do.
He puts himself about all over.I decided to try here...simples.
If you mean why hasn't he advertised on here rather than I:It is I who's offering the hard nosed business deal;as I'd be doing all the website processes etc, something Matthew cannot do.
It would be Matthew and I who'd be going round doors with all the business flyers.

Cheers
Paul

Last edited:
I sent you a message with a link to carillon, they are taking on apprentices, not sure which trade or area

I sent you a message with a link to carillon, they are taking on apprentices, not sure which trade or area

Thanks for the message mate.
They're not taking on in our area, but a massive thanks for the heads-up.
It's seriously appreciated.
If your on here and from Coventry,and willing to take on my nipper, please drop me a P.M.

Good luck, don't give up. I would give him a try but I'm 200 miles from you. Go to your local plumbers merchant and put an ad in there.

Good luck, don't give up. I would give him a try but I'm 200 miles from you. Go to your local plumbers merchant and put an ad in there.

I'm in the process of doing just that.However, the cynic in me thinks that the ad I place will just be taken down by someone who is not looking for an apprentice, but does not want anyone else taking up my offer as there's a seriously good chance the website and advertising hoarding will take work away from them.
I hope not, but I have to be realistic. I was in engineering long enough to know just how petty things can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Funny
My approach to everyone is that there looks to...
Replies
Views
I am about to start a training course to...
Replies
Views
You need to find other self employed tradesmen...
Replies
Views
Ah I see, it’s a tough time at the moment with...
Replies
Views
bunburyhotwaterandgas submitted a business...
Replies
Views
Back