stop water | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss stop water in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

B

besty

hi there

im trying to cut off the water to the cold water supply in my bathroom, i can cut off the hot supply but i cant get the cold water to completely stop, iv turned off every valve i can find including the one's in the loft( also main stopcock} but there is still a slight flow of water through the pipe can anyone throw me bone

turn the tap on downstairs (kitchen) when the water is turned off this will stop any water getting to the bathroom , the stop tap can not be shutting off fully

Upvote 0
Sounds like your main stopcock isn't shutting off fully -- a very common problem with rarely-used valves!

You can shut off the mains water using the outside water-board stopcock, and you should then have the inside stopcock replaced as soon as possible

Upvote 0
I think its more likely that the cold to your bathroom is tank fed (from the loft) and one of your valves is letting by a little. If it is tank fed then tie the cold tank ballcock arm up with some string so that the tank cant fill and then drain the tank down by opening the bath and basin cold taps, (dont turn on the hot taps or you will waste a cylinder full of hot water.) Once the tank has drained you should be Ok. Might be worth replacing the dodgy valves while its all drained down.

Upvote 0
If bathroom cold is tank fed you will need to drain this tank or bung the outlet at bottom of tank, i have used a carrot to do this before. Be careful not to let carrot break off into outlet or you are in deep s**t.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
What type of cylinder do you have?
Replies
Views
  • Question
which must be protected by a RCD new circuit...
Replies
Views
Murdoch
M
  • Question
A competent plumber will have the kit and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I have a stopcock in my closet at my flat...
Replies
Views
The mains water is now feeding everything in...
Replies
Views
Back