stopcock and pipework | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss stopcock and pipework in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,
I'm renovating a property and would like to move the stopcock to a more convenient location but need some advice on the fittings to use. The pipe coming into the house is steel and measures at around 28mm outside diameter (see picture). I'd like to know if 28mm steel pipe sounds correct (could it be an imperial size?), what type of thread will the pipe have? Any recommendations on moving the stopcock (which is leaking) approx 200mm to the left. Thanks in advance!

IMG_0544.JPG

3/4 steel pipe going off your sizes and easily can you turn the mains off using your external stop tap ?

Thank you, there's a mains stop out on the street but have not tried to isolate yet. Am I best cutting and re-threading the pipe or attempting to remove the valve?

I would try and remove it from the elbow at the bottom then you can set your own height

But first I would check the outside stop tap turns off and holds

As suggested, try and unscrew from elbow if successful use a couple of 3/4" BSP elbow, nipples & or long screw connectors. ( I a'int making these words up) These will save screwing the pipes.
Be careful as old pipe looks sound from outside but sometimes collapses in the jaws of stilsons when performing.

bes

brass nipple and long screw (very long nipple one end)

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I wouldn't worry about them. Leave them a be...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Welcome! Could anyone offer their advice?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Check pressure in mini expasion vessel (silver...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
Back