Stopcock in dining room wall or under boiler. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Stopcock in dining room wall or under boiler. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

We have just moved into our house and are having trouble finding the water shut off valve. There is a sticker on the boiler which says '' Water shut off in dining room wall also below boiler '' I have checked all the obvious places (under kitchen sink, kitchen cupboards, floor board near boiler, behind sink) but nothing, I'm not sure if the kitchen has been moved around in the past, surly the valve hasn't been put inside the wall. Do any of the valves on the pictures attach allow for water to be stopped. Cheers.

Attachments

• 20190923_190300.jpg
    20190923_190300.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20190923_190307.jpg
    20190923_190307.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
  • 20190923_190333.jpg
    20190923_190333.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
No sorry to say, any boxing about as could be in there etc ?

It's unlikely anyone has left that message as a laugh, it's been left as a clue.
The water main would come in on an outside wall normally, so look in the Dining Room, on a outside wall low down.
Maybe a section of skirting is removable.

'' Water shut off in dining room wall also below boiler ''
I suspect that means that there are two valves. One 'in dining room wall' and the other 'below boiler'. If there is a wall between kitchen and dinining room, check both sides.

Good quality access panels are designed to be difficult to see. Consider the possibility that some clown has redecorated over it. Try working along knocking the wall with your knuckles. Get someone to run a tap elsewhere in the house and listen carefully to see if what you hear gives a clue.

Similar plumbing topics

Probably your main stopcock is not fitted the...
Replies
Views
In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
A
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
Back