Storage boiler or combi boiler that is the question | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Storage boiler or combi boiler that is the question in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

olliecat

Forgetting the price difference for a moment has anyone an opinion/experience on combi storage boilers. My local supplier remembers that in the past they were not as reliable as combis. It's for LPG and I would expect the storage boiler would use a little more fuel in summer. The one I fancy is a Vaillant ecoTEC plus. I'd like to ask are the storage boilers as reliable?

Yes they are,there is no reason for them not to be,you could argue there are more components on them,so more things to go wrong but not much of a argument
Years ago ,looked after many as they increased hot water flow rate from poor preforming early combi's
Now not so common as basic combi performance has increased with new technology but still have there place to give that extra literage of hot water and as combi's get smaller ,so do the storage models,which could help them gain popularity again

So would not be put off by claims of not being reliable ,this is not true,what is true is they should be commissioned correctly and serviced and worked one by engineers who are familiar with these units

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi , At the risk of hijacking this thread I am...
Replies
Views
steve wake
S
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Back