storing combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss storing combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ash121

Hi guys

A friend of mine has an ideal logic plus combi boiler 30kw its approx 22 months old he is intending to remove it as renovation work is being carried out at the property the boiler will be stored away safely and kept indoors

He wants know will there be any negative effect to the boiler/components while disconnected? i.e the pump or divertor valve? is there a possibility that parts may become seized while in storage? whats the likelyhood of this happening?

The work that is being carried out at the property shall take approx 6 months plus

cheers

I would say get it removed by a GSR and when it's reinstalled by a GSR after the renovation is completed if there's a problem with it get ideal out under the 5 year warrenty. Just keep hush!!

Boiler has been removed by a GSR, flue has been covered up to prevent any debris getting in, i guess its a gamble whether it will still work or not i guess! yep will do!

aslong as there's no sludge left inside it that can dry up it shouldnt be a problem if its been done with care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Will do. Many Thanks for your help
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
It’s one of them if it’s the only place it can...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
S
OK then, good luck with it 👍👍
Replies
Views
Back