Straight valve to turn shower on & off (you'd think this would exist) | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Straight valve to turn shower on & off (you'd think this would exist) in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi - recognise this a bit of an odd one. We have an old failed mixer valve which we need to replace. This valve actually predates a temperature controlled boiler, so the mixing functionality is irrelevant, since the cold water pipe is isolated/off.

I'd ideally like to replace the shower valve with a simple lever or tap on the 15mm hot pipe run to the shower head. However, I cannot for the life of me find anything to do the job that isn't a brass lever valve or stopcock, both of which look a bit on the industrial side, might be hard to operate for old/young hands and probably aren't designed to be used 20 times a day. The only thing I can find that comes close is a non-concussive version (pic attached) - something like this with a crosshead tap would be perfect.

Shot in the dark, I know, just asking here on the off chance this DOES exist and someone out there knows the common name for it - I've googled every search term I can think of.

Thanks

Attachments

• deva-non-concussive-shower-valve-nct002.jpeg
    deva-non-concussive-shower-valve-nct002.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 21
Do you have a tmv / old rada controlling the shower ? As it’s required

Upvote 0
No, temperature is controlled at the boiler which is usually set somewhere between 37 & 40C depending on the weather. No mixing at all takes place beyond the boiler

Heat only or a combi ?

Upvote 0
So you do have cylinders ?

Upvote 0
So you do have cylinders ?
No, we're not storing hot water, the boiler fires when the showers or hot taps are turned on.

I appreciate the time, but I just really need to know if a fitting exists. Essentially a tap on a run of 15mm pipe. Not an isolation valve or lever valve but something with a reasonably comfortable tap head or lever that looks like a bathroom fitting and can be operated by anyone. It sounds like something that ought to exist, but google and all of my local merchants draw a blank

Upvote 0
How about an ir sensor with a solenoid waive hand infront gives you 10-15mins of shower etc ?

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
D
  • Question
That definitely sounds like an airlock on the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I have water filtering system (reverse...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Or use a flat face isolation valve. ...
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
Back