Strange question re : using unpressurised boiler for hot water only... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Strange question re : using unpressurised boiler for hot water only... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

I'm hoping somebody could tell me if it is possible to use the boiler so I can take a bath, even though I have had all the radiators removed and the central heating system has been totally drained and has no water pressure at all..

The boiler is an ideal isar he 24.
I am having the house refurbished, all the rads and pipework have been removed but I still have the hot water pipes and cold supply to the boiler installed...

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Mark

No needs pressure in the boiler

Thanks very much for replying. Please may I ask, with the risk of getting scolded, if it is possible to connect the feed pipe directly to the return pipe and then pressurise the boiler so that I can get some hot water?

I will be getting a new boiler installed soon enough but the refurb is taking a little longer than planned and I have to go to the mother-in-laws for a shower!

Thanks

Mark

Need to have one rad connected but yes

Hello,

I'm hoping somebody could tell me if it is possible to use the boiler so I can take a bath, even though I have had all the radiators removed and the central heating system has been totally drained and has no water pressure at all..

The boiler is an ideal isar he 24.
I am having the house refurbished, all the rads and pipework have been removed but I still have the hot water pipes and cold supply to the boiler installed...

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Mark
Why tho, an immersion heater will be more efficient , Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Cheers Rob, but there isn't a hot water cylinder... or am I missing the point?
durrr, op wants to use boiler as a multipoint ...now I get it
the old elm le blanc had sep heating and hot water circuits
couldnt the op,just jam the diverter valve onto hot water only. ? Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Then please don’t jam your diverter valve on hot water. Very dangerous and in fact illegal

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
Which Vaillant boiler is it?
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
Back