Strong sealant for shower waste | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Strong sealant for shower waste in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Can anyone recommend a good strong sealant that will also glue a shower waste to underneath the shower tray. I need to temporarily fix the waste that has dropped. All screw fixings are broken and I cannot get access underneath. Will have the shower ripped out early next year.

Attachments

• 8609FBA2-2672-4C20-AB53-4A5E84A48D46.jpeg
    8609FBA2-2672-4C20-AB53-4A5E84A48D46.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 48
Stixall.

If it were me I’d put a new one, not expensive. You say no access, but it must be possible.

At least need to get some support under trap.

Upstairs/downstairs?

concrete or suspended floor?

Upvote 0
Sticks like **** but as above

Upvote 0
plumbers gold. put a basin in plumber gold on back bolted to wall, 2 week later customer whated bigger on . took bolt screw caps off took bolts out and two of us sat on it to try to get it off tiles. oooops needed retiling. IT STICKS.

Upvote 0
Why did you do that?

I hate it when you get to a basin with tons of gunk, it’s not necessary - especially one with bolts.

Just a couple of small blobs of silicone behind it if you must and then a nice bead to the wall is more than adequate.

Upvote 0
Why did you do that?

I hate it when you get to a basin with tons of gunk, it’s not necessary - especially one with bolts.

Just a couple of small blobs of silicone behind it if you must and then a nice bead to the wall is more than adequate.
Not tons of gung, just two lines of plumbers.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I'll plunge it, put a bit of cleaner down it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not designed for the trap upto you in the end...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun. I didn't want to force it round...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes as above just watch your ods
Replies
Views
  • Question
As an update, what I did was: Applied a blob...
Replies
Views
Back