Strong vibration foghorn sounds in system | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Strong vibration foghorn sounds in system in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

When we turn on the water first thing in the morning of after a while of non use there is vibration sound that can be heard to different degrees across the house.

Its not instant but normally after a minute when the water has been turned off.

It doesn't seem to be isolated to a particular faucet which is making it hard to isolate. However we had the expansion vessel changed in the summer due to another issue so my thinking is that its the culprit but not 100% sure.

Any guidance welcomed.

Thanks
Rav
NB - trying to insert youtube links for videos but get the spam alert on this forum :(

Assuming your system has an unvented hot water cylinder, what you are describing is probably due to the pressure reduction valve (PRV) not closing smoothly and positively. Needs a plumber qualified to work on unvented systems ('G3 qualified') to investigate.

I have had same fog horn noises but could not associate with any change other than new water meter added and the cold water was turned off.

Try this close off cold water mains and drain the cold and hot water pipe work. Slowly open cold water mains gradually with all taps open and gradually close taps so all is expelled from pipe work. Do not speedily open the cold water mains but open it gradually allowing the trapped air in the pipe work to escape. Also do not open the cold water mains fully, only open it so there is sufficient water pressure for normal use.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
We recently dropped the house water pressure...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a problem with noise and vibrations...
Replies
Views
Good stuff, yep I can’t totally relate to...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
A
  • Question
As townfnjon metioned, it sounds like the...
Replies
Views
M
Hahaha i remember something about 200ppm but...
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
Back