Stubborn bathroom mixer tap with hose attachment | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Stubborn bathroom mixer tap with hose attachment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have come across a problem which should be easy to resolve but is proving difficult. A client has a bath mixer tap with a hose attachment and very little hot water is getting through. They went away for a few days and came back to the problem. Hot water is running fine out of the kitchen and washbasin taps.

I think the washer has probably stuck but I cannot for the life of me get access to the tap. It is a reasonable modern home about 6 years old. Usually you just flip up the top of the tap handle and there is a screw which is unscrewed and you pull off the handle which gives access to the tap.

This one does not have a screw and I have tried pulling up the handle but it is stuck solid. There is no name on the tap but it has an emblem with 3 thick set arrows pointing into each other

Has anyone come across these or has any ideas

thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

I doubt that anyone can help you without seeing the tap. Can you get a picture and post it for us to have a look?

Can you not tell the customer you cant get access and the mixer needs replacing.

It may be one of those jobs that you spend so much time on without charging it's not worth it.

I'd explain this to the customer.

Just my thought anyway.

Good luck.

i bhad some taps recently that the head didnt come of but the chrome shield lifted enough to get a spanner on the body the other posibility if the head is spoked design is one spoke will unscrew and may have a grub screw below

get a picture and we can help, we are quite blind at the moment, does it have a manufacturer name on it --> try their website if so

had a cross head tap recently, no top or side screw, that came off with lots of hammer tapping
from underneath( interference fit? ).Had to be brutal to shroud head taps with no screw to get them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Timmy D. Thanks for your reply. I'll try...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It doesn’t appear you’ve missed anything...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
J
  • Question
Link doesn’t work, so unable to see photo, but...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I'd be a bit careful using Kilrock unless you...
Replies
Views
Back