Stuck water isolating valve under sink | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Stuck water isolating valve under sink in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

U

Urqs

Hi all,

First post so be kind. I'm new to the DIY as well.

I have managed to turn off the hot water isolating valve under the kitchen sink, I then changed the washer on mixer taps. Went to turn the isolating valve back on and I can't get it to move back. I have tried different screwdrivers and it won't budge. I've attached a picture of the type of valve and understand that this one is on. Is there a tool I can get as there looks like a threaded hole on the centre of the valve, has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Neil

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 39
Thanks for replying.:smile5:

The picture is the cold water valve, the hot water valve is closed, can't get a picture of that one as it has pipes in front of it. Is the hole for an Allen key? Or am I going to have to get a plumber to replace the valve?

If you managed to turn it off with a screwdriver then the same tool should be able to turn it back on. Have you tried turning the screwdriver both clockwise and anti-clockwise as there are some that have an inbuilt stop.

With most isolation valves the screwdriver slot just goes around and around whilst others only allow limited movement hence an inbuilt stop. Can only suggest you keep trying, maybe use the largest screwdriver you have but don`t damage the slot.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well done chap, a permanent solution - bit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Are you sure the taps arnt off the mains as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks. I'll try to find a hard copy as I...
Replies
Views
Back