Stumped - no hot water at shower pump through Surrey Flange | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Stumped - no hot water at shower pump through Surrey Flange in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi Experts,

I am a bit stumped by this one. We had a water leak in the hot water system which drained both the hot and cold water tanks. When the leak was fixed and the tanks refilled there is still no hot water at the shower pump. I have removed the hot water feed to the shower pump, to check the filters, but when opening the value from the Surrey flange there was no hot water to the pump.
I must admit I'm not sure how this is possible?

The hot water to the taps works fine, it is just the shower.

Any ideas would be appreciated?

Many thanks
Pete (homeowner/DIY'er)

Is it a gate valve on the hot supply to the pump ?? As the can break off in the closed position, It could possibly be a airlock in the hotwater supply ?? if it worked before then it should in theory work again 👍. Kop

Upvote 0
You might be lucky by turning onto cold only. Turn on full drop hose in tray switch across to hot and you might be able to pull hot through. I also have connected a hose to the outlet before, ran the hose downstairs and outside. Cold first then over to hot. You might have a prime on the pump?

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
Any pictures of the top connector of the...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi SI......is the shower on the same floor as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun: Yes, but some info I've seen...
Replies
Views
  • Question
To ensure a durable, leak-free connection for...
Replies
Views
Back