Stupid mistake- waterfall from ceiling! | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Stupid mistake- waterfall from ceiling! in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all! I made a stupid mistake and it caused water leaks all the way down from my bathroom to the kitchen ceiling and water leaked like waterfall!!
Basically, I didn’t know there were small holes next to pipes which are behind both sink and toilet. I pour water to on the bathroom floor so I can clean the floor using a mop (it was what I was planning to do). After a while, I realised the water I poured didn’t flood the bathroom floor, instead, it disappeared. I figured out later that all water leaks from the kitchen ceiling! I wiped and cleaned the kitchen already and there is no more leakage. But what should I do now?
Can plumber or engineer figure out where does the water leak from? And what should i do with the ceiling? Sorry for my stupidity and please ask both of my questions.

If the ceiling is ok, as in not bowed, I would just let it dry out. Yes a plumber should be able to work out where the leak is coming from.

Next time you want to clean the floor use a DAMP mop like everybody else do not flood the floor with water. Where pipes go through any surface there will be gaps around the pipes!
As said, let it dry out completly and you may need to use a stainblocker before repainting the ceiling. On that subject I recommend that you find videos about painting before you start. ;)

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Steve, Thanks for posting. Could you post...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, hope this is okay to post. Just over...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun, I need to investigate. I visited...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you all, that's very helpful!
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you can pin point the location where the...
Replies
Views
Back