Stupid soil vent question. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Stupid soil vent question. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TBServices

Well it looks like I'm gonna FINALLY do my own tiny bathroom. I have just enough room to get an 1800 bath in, but annoyingly I have an internal stack boxed in at the end of the existing bath, so here's the question (cos my college training is hazy). Can I reduce the vent size of the stack into the loft so I can get in under the bath and up the wall? If I could take it down to 11/2" then I'm all good.

Obviously a dirgo valve is out of the question cos it would have to be under the spill over level of the bath. My house is a mid town house so not on the end of the drain run and I have another internal stack.

if i had a tiny bathroom o would fit a 1700mm or 1550mm bath

I've seen them reduced to 3" or if possible core out and fit the 3" outside and up over the roof.

1 1/2" could leave you with problems of the W.C. and waste pipes not clearing, I think it's down to barometric pressure, been a long time since school for me too.

3" min vent size

Gah, that's not what I wanted to hear, but had a feeling that was the case.

It's not tiny, it's just smaller than I would like and an odd shape. the missus would like a bigger bath. Price of having 2 bathrooms I guess.

I've seen them reduced to 3" or if possible core out and fit the 3" outside and up over the roof.

1 1/2" could leave you with problems of the W.C. and waste pipes not clearing, I think it's down to barometric pressure, been a long time since school for me too.

The bathroom is the most central room in the house so no option but to go vertical I'm afraid.

I'm pricing a bathroom where they have exactly this problem. Bloke who did the one next door reduced the SVP to 2" and fitted a full length bath. I'm gonna core a hole through the wall and run it properly. Guess who's will take longer!?

Don't think they've had any issues next door, but I can't bodge it. Just not my nature. Accidently bodge it ok, but knowingly...no!! :)

Have actually just found this nifty looking fitting which could be just the job!

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/waste-manifold-black-sp588/40832

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks, I think its a case of stick with the...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
D
As above pictures help a lot. The open vent...
Replies
Views
Back