supervised gas work | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss supervised gas work in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have an operation coming up in my hand which means I'll be out of action for at least 2 weeks, will I be able to have someone do my work as long as I am there to supervise and commision boilers etc and do paperwork ? only good thing is that its on my right hand and im left handed :p

well pretty much do my work, I wont be able to do anything really

if hes helping you no prob, cant do it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
my point is he wont really be giving me a hand as i wont be able to work can't risk getting an infection my point is can i get someone to do the work while i supervise and make sure everything is done properly

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, he can help you. But if things go wrong it's your neck that gets it. Re the hand, you're not going blind ... [cough, splutter] ... hope the op goes well!!

As long as you are there supervising at all times any gas related work is done,you will be Ok

Mind you,as they say..... a left hand in the bush is worth two with no birds :confused::p

it will be someone ive worked with before who i know is competent anyway, cheers dontknowitall... going to be awake while they do it:p think I'll sit and watch im quite interested in things like that anyway lol

im a southpaw puddle :p at least its not on my good hand anyway as every day things can become a real pain like wiping a certain area :eek:

Last edited:
i know you say you have someone in mind, but i assume you will need to pay them? if so i can get you someone for nowt, we are always on the look out to place guys doing their gas foundation course, there are a few to choose from so if you dont get on with the first guy i can swap over to someone else, we are based in Paisley, send me a PM with a mobile number if you want to discuss it.

i'll keep that in mind kirkgas, i was thinking of that also to help out someone but it is a gamble also, as long as they had experience and were competent, and i may not even have gas work at the time i'll know nearer the time. need to phone up and book an appointment for a few tests before they do surgery then i'll prob be going under the knife in a couple of months, but I will let you know...saves me paying half my wages to one of my mates :p

its a "ganglion cist" that i have in a bone joint on my middle finger just as it connects to my palm, cant see it but i can feel it and sometimes it decides to be painful and today is one of those days

its a "ganglion cist" that i have in a bone joint on my middle finger just as it connects to my palm, cant see it but i can feel it and sometimes it decides to be painful and today is one of those days

I've got the same thing on my left wrist, although I've not had it operated on yet. Hope the op goes ok.

well mine is in a real akward position and it is really annoying so better off getting it cut out to be honest, cheers mate

sounds could be painful,hope you get sorted ok,get yourself booked in ,do not keep putting off like we all do !

i find its when im hungover and tired with lack of sleep it hurts, which is alot btw:p

as long as you can still sign your name then its ok as if anything happens god forbid then the paper trail leads back to you.
but as long as you are overseeing the work i cant see the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas...
Replies
Views
If you can afford to lose 1/2 or more of your...
Replies
Views
Morning All. We have a gas safe inspection...
Replies
Views
Hello Alex, I am a self employed engineer and...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Back