Surely a DIY install right? | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Surely a DIY install right? in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

That's why people get put off because most of the people haven't got a clue and installing things like this ... it makes much harder for us to get a job. People just going too cheap sometimes ... they don't want to pay a decent plumber to do a decent job, but paying twice ? ! :)

If it was a plumber who fitted that they are pretty green!! As I get older and more cynical I'm coming to the conclusion that the majority of the public simply don't want to pay enough to get a job done properly!

Croft; are you actually gasbusters on Diynot?

Don't blame the punter FFS: he has no idea what a job should cost, or how it should be done, and , anyway, the real cowboys charge over the odds and do work like this.

I cant be arsed to look beyond the first photos or properly read all the inane comments. (Apologies to those who provided sensible contributions ). I am not a qualified plumber,but a Gas Service Engineer, but I know the hot should not be run off the horizontal vent/hot supply. Obviously best to use a flange, but otherwise break into the vertical hot supply, before any other draw offs. The cold feed is not clear,but should be taken from the CWS, below the cylinder supply connection,

The job is a mess,but don't blame the punter who presumably pais ££££'s for the crock.

Heyup :) To be clear, I'm not blaming the punter. I just have my suspicions that he's done it himself to be honest, certainly didn't suggest that on the public forum though. This part of the forum is for us to discuss these sort of things privately :) On the public post I was very friendly with him!!

I'm not gasbusters though - I run Dripbusters in Lincoln. Didn't realise there was a gasbusters although I've seen a Stumpbusters in Lincoln. Even though I have never met the guy we wave at each other each time we drive past one another out of mutual respect for our company names :)

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Under the regulations, a supplier is not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for. The main...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably all off one main hence your problem...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
How is the pump primed??, some pumps have a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Highly likely the old tank was simply replaced...
Replies
Views
Back