Surest way to connect to wall plate elbow? | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Surest way to connect to wall plate elbow? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi I have installed my concealed shower valve and fitted wall panels, I'm soon ready to put shower fittings through the panels and screw them into the wall plate elbows.

My question is what shall I use to seal the threads in the most effective way?

I have Loctite thread locker as the thread needs to be just shy of bottoming out into the elbow to be in the position it needs to be, but when I tested this initialy before I tanked the walls and put the panels in place I had a small weep on one of the joints.

I wound the thread locker around the 1/2" thread 8 times as per the instruction.

I also have plumbers mate and PTFE.

Would a combination of these products offer more reliability?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

I think so, the dispenser said 8 threads per 1/2" pipe. Honestly I might have put 9-10 but was mindful of not splitting the elbow so didnt want to use more.

I wound them diagonal to the thread in a random but consisitent pattern, one joint was fine but the other had a slight weep so naturaly I've lost a little confidence in the product.

If you put it in the groves of the threads and I know it sounds silly did you do it in the correct direction eg putting it on so it doesn’t unravel when tighting

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Shaun answered you but I don’t know if it’s...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Agreed! I was also going to suggest the same.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sure - here are some more but let me know if...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes normally a 1/2 backplate elbow behind...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Guys for all the advice.
Replies
Views
Back