Surveys Statment Correct regarding my boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Surveys Statment Correct regarding my boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ce0u30e8

This is closely related to my previous post on the Ferroli boiler not providing hot water.

I had a full buildings survey carried out and my surveyor stated the following in his report.

"A direct hot water system is installed, served by the wall mounted Ferroli Optimax 25 ov 2v gas fired condensing boiler in the outrigger utility area, this providing instantaneous domestic hot water, but is relient on adequate cold water pressure".

Instant hot water is not the case with OV boilers or is it? Or is he only referring to hot water supplied to radiators rather than hot water supplied to Taps?

Thanks

In my view this statement is incorrect, if I am lead to believe the Optimax OV is and open vented system boiler, not a combi. It heats the domestic hot water indirectly via a hot water vessel, so can not be deffined as instantaeous hot water. Additionaly the hot water will therefore be reliant on storage cistern header pressure unless it is connected to an unvented hot water vessel.

buildings surveyors are not plumbers, and worse are those doing energy performance reports on properties who cant recognised an electric night storage unit and ask where are the pipes making this hot, do they go in behind the rad?

I didnt think so, thanks for clarifying. Will be arranging suitably trained heating engineer/plumber to give an opinion.

Thanks
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi Mazonas You will see on page 3 of your...
Replies
Views
S
Does it have pre-heat functions in the menu.?
Replies
Views
Like everything else you get what you pay for...
Replies
Views
John, we are in business - old ABV off (full...
Replies
Views
Back