Swapping boiler like for like | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Swapping boiler like for like in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I've been asked to swap a logic that is 4 years old with a split hex. But ideal won't swap hex as the flue hasn't been fit correctly and the turret rubber has been pushed out. Thus been leaking into the boiler and turned everything brittle etc. I haven't seen. Ideal have apparently supplyied a boiler at cost. If swapping people would obviously leave the bracket on if fixed correctly and secure. I'd probably swap the valves. I said the flue would need swapping just as it's 4 years old and the boiler is new. It comes off the turret travels about 400mm then an elbow and exits to outside with the 600mm standard flue. Have I been over top advising the flue would need renewing? Thanks

Swap the flue valves and leave the jig / mount

I’ve had them push out normally when the installer lifts the elbow off and the rubber comes with and he doesn’t check before finally fitting the flue and pushes it back on and the rubber doesn’t go in and pushes up

Rusts the bottom and holes them

Yep

Similar plumbing topics

You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, A friend of mine no longer needed a...
Replies
Views
malex83
M
It's not easy, house is also a HMO so makes...
Replies
Views
Back