Switch off Alpha weather prod sensor. | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Switch off Alpha weather prod sensor. in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I have a Alpha weather prod I wish to install. Can you put an on off switch in between the sensor pod and Alpha boiler. If yes what type of switch do I need. Thankyou

The weather compensation probe contains a negative temperature coefficient (NTC) resistor (or known as 'thermistor') from the symbol used in one of the schematics. It probanly measures a few thousand ohms at room temperature.
The installation instructions seem to suggest that just connecting it to the appropriate terminals (10 & 11) means weather compensation then works. If that is really true (needs checking) it implies that just putting a single pole switch in series with the sensor will "switch it off".
But I would have thought the boiler would need to be told to use weather comp. That's not mentioned in the installation instructions I was looking at: https://www.alpha-innovation.co.uk/...obe for Alpha InTec range of boilers 0113.pdf

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hmm DAB is a Grundfos company......
Replies
Views
Jojomacjo
J
  • Question
Understood, thanks for that.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the info. Went over today and it...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Thanks for the comments fowlerboi. Like you I...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
Hello Just had a new pressurised cylinder...
Replies
Views
Terry O
T
Back