Switching on your central heating via a smart phone or internet. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Switching on your central heating via a smart phone or internet. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hello all.

A client of mine has asked me if I can install an upgrade to his C/H system.

Basically he owns a large country house, but lives in London.

He wants the ability to switch his heating on via a computer (internet) or via a smart phone (iPhone or Blackberry).

Does anyone know if this exists? I'm sure it must.

Many thanks for any repsonses.

Danny

type "heating mobile phone" into a well known internet auction website...

Cheers,

Have either of you fitted one? Are they simple to fit and set up?

Just checked out the eBay one. Looks a bit too basic.

I was thinking something that you could use to set the temp, maybe check the temp at the stat too? Like a wireless stat on your phone or computer basically.

sorry no, just had a look at what gassafe said and they are only 69 sqiud, seem cheap enuff tho dont know how reliable, delta dore are high end and easy to operate, will enquire tomorrow for you if you wish ?

It will need to be high end. I'm gratful for the link, and can think of other handy uses for that eBay switch. Very reasonable too.

I need something more comprehensive. I can call Delta Dore. I just checked their website and didn't come up with anything. I can't imagine it is that popular but I could see the appeal for people like my client. He may only visit the house once a month, and wants the ability to switch the heating on if there is a cold snap (to prevent internal freezing in the house) or to warm the house in advance of them coming down from the city.

It will need to be high end. I'm gratful for the link, and can think of other handy uses for that eBay switch. Very reasonable too.

I need something more comprehensive. I can call Delta Dore. I just checked their website and didn't come up with anything. I can't imagine it is that popular but I could see the appeal for people like my client. He may only visit the house once a month, and wants the ability to switch the heating on if there is a cold snap (to prevent internal freezing in the house) or to warm the house in advance of them coming down from the city.
yes website seems hard work, found brochure in van and product is TYPHONE 5 SVGSM, have fiited a few of their wireless stats and they seem good quality and easy to use, they can have 15 minute switching times rather than just 6 a day, if you install one please keep us informed how you get on.
thanks steve

That is exactly the sort of thing I'm thinking of.

I asked in my merchants today, and they all just looked blank and said they'd never sold anything like it. I'll call Delta Dore & Honeywell.

I'll let people know what I find. I need to fit something next week for this client, as they aren't going to be able to access their programmer & stat dude to building works in one part of the house.

I have suggested a simple wireless Honeywell programmable stat. They have an inbuilt frost stat that will trigger the boiler if it drops to 5 oC. He wants something a bit more comprehensive than that.

Many thanks to all. I will report back. As said, I'll be putting it in next week, or perhaps week after.

Brilliant help as per usual.

you will not get much joy with honeywell, they wont even supply modulating room thermostats to the uk even tho they are available in the rest of europe

you will not get much joy with honeywell, they wont even supply modulating room thermostats to the uk even tho they are available in the rest of europe

Open therm really is a joke, it seems to be taking ages to get off the ground, not helped when boiler manufacturers push their own room temp compensating controls rather than embracing a standard.

Open therm really is a joke, it seems to be taking ages to get off the ground, not helped when boiler manufacturers push their own room temp compensating controls rather than embracing a standard.
its widely accepted in the rest of europe, honeywell make the range for remeha or they did before they merged with baxi. honeywell rep said brits too stupid to wire them and would connect them to 230v lol

Viesmann also have terminals on the board for an open therm stat, just a shame they aren't widely available in the uk really, if the big players came on board then it may be more of an incentive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Chuck. Thanks for your kind information...
Replies
Views
J
IDCHAPPY: apologies, I only saw your posts...
Replies
Views
jynweythek
J
Back