Syphonic toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Syphonic toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparky

Hi all, Got a syphonic toilet but dosent suck out the contents of the pan like it should(as seen on youtube). Cant seem to find any replacement flush valves anywhere. Taken toilet out so no blockage. Any ideas anyone?:crazy:

It'll be the 'syphonic bomb', and no I'm not extracting the urine. If you do a search a web you can get hold of the part and replace it. I got one about 4 years ago. Good luck.

wont profess to hav a lot of know how on these as they dont come along too often but you need to know what syphon you have as it fits inside, some times called a pressure reducing fitting for a syphon pops inside and seems to hold up the siphonage while an area of low pressure is created in the wc single and double chambers so you need the right one for each type if my memory serve me

Thanks both for the info. Searched siphonic bomb, found link to lunns plumbing spares, siphons and there it was the exact one i took out! Result, thank you again.

common fault with these. often plumbers dont know what they are, theres not many about. ive been to jobs where theyve been removed because people think theres something wrong

Fuzzy, when youve found them missing, does the flush work at all?

thats should be **************** - don't know why it put the stars in.

if they're missing or the small donut rubber is perished the wc gives the impression of a blockage, ie - fills almost up to rim then water level slowly goes back down.

went to one recently - customer had paid over £200 for some company to "clear" her drain even yhough it wasn't needed

you can also get them here,

http://www.****************/shop/Plumbing/Toilet+Fittings/Syvac+Aspirator/d20/sd2835/p91249

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs, good call Blod. I had a real chew a few years back getting one of these and it was a damn site more than this one.

Yeah toolstation do them like blod said however they may not fit the old syphon as they only usually fit on the turbo 88 ones so maybe wise to just have a spare one in the van ;)

Looked toolstation but not found the same one. The one i wanted was 30 quid with vat plus 6 quid delivery from lunns but glad to find one tbh.

Thomas Dudley who make the turbo flush also supply the 'Bomb'

Don't forget to put a bit of grease on the small tube,so the donut can slide up to fit the gap when you put the cistern back on,or it will snap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Apologies for leaving it so late to reply to...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Thanks very much! Gets me off the hook! Let...
Replies
Views
Hello there Did you manage to find any parts...
Replies
Views
Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
Back