System boiler motorised valve | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss System boiler motorised valve in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gregg1908

I replaced a synchro motor on a motorised valve on a system boiler some months ago as the heating was not working.
the part replacement went well but this week I had a follow on call saying when the water was heating the radiators were getting hot.
i would presume since the synchro is new the motorised valve is now faulty.
please would anyone confirm there similar findings in this case.

Thanks Greg

Well we can not presume anything but if you check the operation of the valve head is correct ie opening and closing and the valve is closed/in hot water only position and heating still coming on and it used to work ok ,it can be assumed the ball or paddle in the valve is faulty and new valve is required

Imho

Yes the valve might be passing, if there's an gate valve, turn it off then put the water on, if the rads get hot it'll be reversed circulation

I never just replace the motor, I just don't see the point, most of the time something else will break so I always replace the whole thing.

Another tip, never disturb wireing in main box , I just cut off cable close to old motor, then join to new valve cable useing junction box, alo easer than fiddleing around inside main wireing center.

Another tip, never disturb wireing in main box , I just cut off cable close to old motor, then join to new valve cable useing junction box, alo easer than fiddleing around inside main wireing center.

I just cut the wires, leave them in situ and replace one by one in the wiring centre. Makes life easier than having to actually use my brain lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
Back