System boiler on a vented system | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss System boiler on a vented system in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andylester

Hi,

Can I fit a "system" boiler on a vented system?

I have a copper thermal store cylinder which is 210 Ltrs of water treated with inhibitor and is directly connected to the boiler and nothing else. The cylinder has a header tank mounted directly above it to ensure it is constantly topped up and is 3M above the boiler inlet creating 0.3bar. This is working fine and i would rather not replace it, and cannot make it pressurised.

I have bought and installed (but not tuned on) a Biasi Advanced Plus 30kW system boiler with a minimum working pressure of 0.3bar.

I am concerned that I might have an issue with a boiler designed for a sealed pressurised system working with such a vented system, but as the pressure should be within the specified range I do not know what else could cause problems. Biasi technical support are no use. The underfloor heating company cannot see a problem so suggest I try it and see.

Is there a reason why this would not work?
Has anyone done this and seen any issues?

Regards,
Andy

Its quite loud and clear that youre not trained, competent or qualified if you have to ask this?!

as such you're not going to get any advice.

get a qualified gas engineer in before you kill yourself, family, cat, dog or neighbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Back