System boiler tripping RCD at consumer unit | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss System boiler tripping RCD at consumer unit in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I am looking for advice on a system boiler on S plan that keeps tripping the RCD for heating system. Friend called me, she had no power to boiler and called an electrician as the RCD wouldn’t reset. The electrician checked programmer and said it had power to connections and thermostat, but no power to the boiler. The programmer display was flickering and the red leds weren’t illuminated when selecting CH & HW on selector. I’m going to have a look tomorrow and she asked me to pick up new programmer, is it likely to be this with power to the connections on programmer or could it be pump or MV. Sorry but I don’t do much fault finding and repairs although I’m industry, was just so I can pick a pump and MV up while at merchants, any advice welcomed, thanks !

I've had the accellerator on the thermostat short out against a metal bit: had to bend the resister away from the metal bit (it was almost new too!). Drayton Combistat.

Hi, thanks for all the advice, it was the pump that failed. Disconnected the pump from wiring centre and replaced 3amp fuse in spur, reset the trip and it was fine. Measured the ohms across the live/neutral and was 110 ohms, changed pump and got power at boiler cheers for the advice !

Similar plumbing topics

No I do not. Second to that I don’t even have...
Replies
Views
I just didn't realise they were not compliant...
Replies
Views
Reading this ordeal is like watching a horror...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the...
Replies
Views
Back