System boiler with vented system (bodged new install, what next) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss System boiler with vented system (bodged new install, what next) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

A

ahuklon

Previously had a WB Greenstar R28 HE System boiler with 4 pipes and vented (gravity fed) cylinder. No valves or pumps outside of the boiler. Worked fine for 20 years.

Decided to change to Viessmann 050-W System boiler when WB failed but keep the same set up with cylinder. Gas Safe installer I chose didn't know what he was doing and reckoned additional motorised valves were needed. Viessmann tech tells me there is already a 2 port valve in the system boiler that serves hot water with priority and heats the central heating. It just needs the correct connections from thermostats, cylinder etc to talk to the boiler and tell the valves which flow and return to heat. 230v switching for hot water can't be directly be wired in without going through a Veissmann box.

So I can approach a competent installer with clarity and knowledge: Does anyone have experience of system boilers with a vented system and specifically getting the non-Veissmann stat/programmer to communicate with the Veissmann boiler?

Can anyone confirm that a system boiler does indeed have the valves and pump to run what I have (like my WB did)?

System boiler with vented system (bodged new install, what next)

Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have been converted to a system boiler setup (Sealed). The boiler doesn’t usually contain the motorised valve, so can you post a photo of cylinder location and existing controls? Are you hoping for priority hot water or just for the system to work?

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
That's what I was hoping, looks like a good...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Back