System explanation from pipe work | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss System explanation from pipe work in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I am wondering what type of heating system I have could someone clarify for me.
Pipe 1 I believe is the return to the cylinder but also runs to the attic.
Pipe 2 I believe come from the boiler to the cylinder and pipe 3 to the rads, I am wondering how does this work with out a motorized valve.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-2022822009.jpeg_1555018370024.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--1875169058.jpeg_1555018406317.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1580989927.jpeg_1555018332797.jpeg

View attachment 38139

View attachment 38140

View attachment 38141

View attachment 38142

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--1064706858.jpeg_1555018301007.jpeg

pic of the boiler?

The system was probably originally installed to just supply hot water. At a later date, a number of radiators have have been plumbed into the system snd controlled by a single manual valve.

What I would advise that you check urgently is that the hot water cylinder thermostat and overheat cut out are fitted and working correctly.

As installed, the system will be very inefficient - but could easily be modified to provide much better control

Similar plumbing topics

Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure, the boiler will fire up and stay...
Replies
Views
Thanks for letting us know.
Replies
Views
TBSE is good practice! As long as flow is the Top.
Replies
Views
Back