System overhaul.... is this good value? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss System overhaul.... is this good value? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peternib

Just a normal Joe... but would like any of you professionals to tell me if i have a fair price for below. I like to support the local man for all works and if this is fair then he gets the work.....

Bought a house last Christmas, main part around 3500 square feet, 20 year old build.

Needs an overhaul, i worked out i need the following:

New dual coil cylinder, heated from AGA and boiler
Three zone valves,
two runs of pipe from the boiler to the cylinder for hot water control only, approx 20m runs
wiring box
three zone Horstmann controller
pressure Thing.... wtf its called! you all know what i mean.
New pump, higher rating.... last one was too small.

and around three days labour to install and test.

Quoted me £1,700.... i had worked out about £1300-£1400 so i was curious to know your thoughts!

Many thanks

Peter

Hi Peter
It's difficult to comment on prices without seeing the job.
Maybe you should get a couple more quotes and see how they compare.

As said, get a couple more quotes see how close they all are. If in doubt ask to see some of their other work. You're really into piece of string territory.
How did you work out your 1300 - 1400? What % did you allow for ohp on materials?

I'd say from that limited description it sounds fair. Don't forget that installs like this aren't jobs to give to a simpleton, so if you're happy that the guy will do a good job, Go with him.

Like your attitude re: supporting your local plumber!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
thanks for the update.
Replies
Views
K
Only too happy to help Knurly, hope that wind...
Replies
Views
happyflyer
H
M
Hello MicraShed, welcome over. what's the...
Replies
Views
D
Ok maybe that's not 100% accurate but at 50...
Replies
Views
L
Thanks Ermintrude and Croppie for advice and...
Replies
Views
laikax695
L
Back