system to combi pipework | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss system to combi pipework in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

T

thorn

Hi, any help would be greatly appreciated. In our cylinder cupboard (S plan) there are the 22mm flow and returns from the downstairs system boiler, and then CH 22 flow going back under the floor (aswell as all the other bits), if we were to get a combi put in downstairs, what would be the best way to deal with the pipes upstairs. Obviously cap the feed and vents to the tank etc, but would you connect the flow from the boiler to the CH flow. If so would you just cap the return to the boiler.
Thanks

wouldnt worry about it too much whenever i convert from system to combi all existing pipework is either taken out completely or hidden from view

could anyone actually give a fairly informative answer, been told by a friend (plumber) that if the return to the boiler is capped then the system will still work as the actual return pipes from the radiators still 't' into it under the floor. This is assuming that the flow and CH flow are connected. Is this right or do i need another plumber?

Hi, any help would be greatly appreciated. In our cylinder cupboard (S plan) there are the 22mm flow and returns from the downstairs system boiler, and then CH 22 flow going back under the floor (aswell as all the other bits), if we were to get a combi put in downstairs, what would be the best way to deal with the pipes upstairs. Obviously cap the feed and vents to the tank etc, but would you connect the flow from the boiler to the CH flow. If so would you just cap the return to the boiler.
Thanks

This doesn't quite add up, if you have a system boiler then there is no feed and vent pipes to it?
is the new boiler going in the same place as the old one?
if your going combi then the cylinder will come out and all pipe changes could probably be done in the airing cupboard.
the thing to bear in mind is possible wasted hot water in old 22mm pipework
but as already said, why concern yourself with this? let the plumber doing the job work it out.

Use the flow and return at boiler for the heating flow and return.
link the flow from the boiler over to the heating flow in the airing cupboard
Cap the cylinder return under the floor in the airing cupboard, or trace it back to where it tees in and cap it there

Pick up gas if correct at existing position, hot and cold from kitchen sink or nearest services to the boiler.

Similar plumbing topics

System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Working from home and of course they can’t...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Lou. No change. I have not been able to get...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Back