system upgrade | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss system upgrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I curently have a worcester danesmore 15 19 boiler in my house, on a open vented system , Its quite expensive to run , the system is around 20 yrs old , boiler a bit newer, some rads have no trv's , no room stats, the house is slpit into 2 (1 holiday let) , seriously how much money would i save by upgrading the boiler , zoning it to 2 zones , installing room stats , trvs ect ect?? would it be worth it??? there are 10 rads in total , would upgrading the rads give more heat out??

It's a no brainer! Zoning, trv's, more efficient rads,, condensing he boiler...... You'll notice a cost saving almost immediately with how much longer a fill of oil lasts!

ive got an aga dong the hot water, that drinks oil like its for free ! hah! so got to start saving somehow!!! ive got grant vortex condensing boiler sitting in the house, bought it off a plumbing mate , its only 2yrs old, thinking of getting somebody to install that and id do all the pipework and zoning ect myself, just havent got the tools to commision the boiler, do you think upgrading the rads would save me some extra or throw some heat out??

opps suppose to be doing***

Last edited:
If the Vortex boiler is a system or utility boiler, get it installed and the system converted to an S plan with unvented cylinder and do away with the AGA altogether. Bet your fuel bills will go down by half once you do that!

If it's a Combi, it does the hot water itself anyway.

I generally rip out about 5 AGAs a year at the moment because people can no longer justify the fuel costs!

As you say, zone valves, thermostats, thermostatic radiator valves, you won't be wasting heat and fuel like you are at the moment.

Last edited:
Go for it, anything that saves you money fuel wise in the current climate is worth the effort. I'm blessed with lot sof customers out here with old oil systems running gravity hot water, no room stats or TRVs. As a result I'm in their good books big time through upgrading their controls and in some cases their boilers, all of them have reported instant drops in their oil consumption.

Worth having someone confirm that the boiler you have is suitably sized for your needs, it may be cheap but long term may not be if not the appropriate output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Zone 1 does the whole house including...
Replies
Views
A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
Yes I’d do that too, just shut the radiator...
Replies
Views
Ok, so on paper looks like a feasible upgrade...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Back