system | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
whats the collectives thoughts on this system i have been asked to offer up

its for a sports club and its having a upgrade new heating and hot water

biggest issue is 4 showers in ladies

4 showers in mens

plus six hot water draw offs

also heating

what would you think to install here

You'll only run that amount of draw offs on a stored pumped supply unless i'm (probably) mistaken.

Get whoever you prefer to size unvented cylinders, size the tanks accordingly and get a pump set either made up or get hold of Grundfoss or similar.

Heating shouldn't be an issue.

I'd be inclined to maybe get a BSE to size it all as they have indemnity otherwise.

When I was quoting for a cricket club, I spoke to TWS who will design and guarantee a system will work for free and do site visits etc.

I could put you in contact with one in Wales if you don't have one by you. He's very good but I have no idea of costs etc as he's already done the work for the client on any jobs I tender.

He's thorough and everything will be right but he will need a lot of information such as required flow rates blah blah blah.

See if anyone pops up with some gems of wisdom, otherwise give me a shout if you're stuck.

I'd have thought you'd be looking at a booster set from good sized storage tank. Andrews / Lochinvar water heater(s) don't forget TMV's probably secondary circ. Just make sure you get a piece of paper stating their requirements for flows, recovery rates etc. Heating should be fairly straight forward.

Thats what i was concerned about is the recovery times on hot water , will ping it back with few questions asking for more info

Ive recently fitted unvented cylinders in changing rooms with no problems, as long as its all sized correctly its no problem.

15 flow limited showers - the mist type
18 push button showers
6 basins

Off the top of my head anyway.

73562f9c9b1490ee85708a794e310965.jpg

015f49a59261ff5aea795f16408d1c66.jpg

That was last year, subbed the lagging out they used foil faced.

that foil faced lagging aint cheap nearly got caught out with that recently just threw a price at it off top of my head and made about 3 p on it lol

Not so much the 42mm on the pump! Just a question of slow heat.

Have a look at Rinnai constant flow water heaters Do 3 camp sites that use these never run out of water, rep will do a site visit very good system, the one on Dartmoor is running 8 showers + hand basins & laundry. will PM you is number,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi All, I have recently changed heating...
Replies
Views
Peter M
P
Need a heating engineer in Central London I...
Replies
Views
A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The jolt, possibly something to do with the...
Replies
Views
Back