T & Cs for sole trader? | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss T & Cs for sole trader? in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys.

I’m just wondering where you guys have got your terms and conditions from? Have you paid a company or possibly done your own?

I want to make sure that I’m covered properly. I’ve asked a couple of mates who seem to use apps for quoting which have T&Cs attached.

What’s the best way of sorting it please?

I used someone else's (someone who would have definitely got proper advise) and changed what i didn't like.
That was many years ago and not looked at them since and I'm pretty sure no customers ever looked at them.
If youre loaded/worried about it speak to your solicitor.

I used someone else's (someone who would have definitely got proper advise) and changed what i didn't like.
That was many years ago and not looked at them since and I'm pretty sure no customers ever looked at them.
If youre loaded/worried about it speak to your solicitor.
I’m certainly not loaded but I am worried about getting a dodgy customer that’s going to have my pants down. Obviously it needs to be specific to the plumbing and heating.

Pick better customers.
Ts and cs only "work" if either party is prepared to lawyer up, the cost of which would generally far outweigh the cost of the job.
If you're doing work so valuable lawyers could get involved you must take advice from your lawyer and have them draft your ts and cs

Ive never had a legal problem with a customer but several times have given a full refund and got on with my life, I see it as a cost to be factored in. Its better, cheaper and less stressful than having a dispute.

Pick better customers.
Ts and cs only "work" if either party is prepared to lawyer up, the cost of which would generally far outweigh the cost of the job.
If you're doing work so valuable lawyers could get involved you must take advice from your lawyer and have them draft your ts and cs

Ive never had a legal problem with a customer but several times have given a full refund and got on with my life, I see it as a cost to be factored in. Its better, cheaper and less stressful than having a dispute.
I’d like to think I will never have an issue but I’m not naive enough to think that every time I do, I’ll just issue a refund. I thought this was a standard document to have attached to any official quotes if I’m honest.

I steer clear of quotes and mostly do estimates.
Quotes only for insurance jobs and the like and larger projects.
Most people don't know the difference and those that do know are often the type that know how to pick a dispute.
A lot of guys quote for things they should only do on an estimate without realising what they are doing.

I steer clear of quotes and mostly do estimates.
Quotes only for insurance jobs and the like and larger projects.
Most people don't know the difference and those that do know are often the type that know how to pick a dispute.
A lot of guys quote for things they should only do on an estimate without realising what they are doing.
I’m probably one of those guys. Doing the work isn’t the issue I’m just trying to make sure I’ve got the business/office as covered as possible.

Also take deposits no ifs or butts always

Anything over 1k 50% if they can’t pay how are they going to pay when the job is done

Anything over 1k 50% if they can’t pay how are they going to pay when the job is done
That’s exactly what a friend of mine has said. I don’t really want to run up credit accounts if I can help it with the merchants. Do you yourself or your company have T&Cs in place?

Similar plumbing topics

If you are looking to be the WBR (Work Based...
Replies
Views
I’m glad there clamping down on this, had a...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
You should see "attach files" like below.
Replies
Views
bunburyhotwaterandgas submitted a business...
Replies
Views
Back