Taken boiler off wall | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Taken boiler off wall in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Sky

Hi after advice my customer is looking to cap off main gas supply remove boiler from wall, pipe work and all radiators taken away as he is switching to electric radiators powered by his current solar panels. I'm not gas Safe but can carry out all the draning down of system remove rads etc. Question is am I legally allowed to remove the boiler off the wall and all pipe work leading to boiler if we get a gas Safe to cap the mains first so all pipe and boiler will be dead? As it's a good customer of mine he wants me to do as much of work as possible but if I'm not allowed to touch boiler once dead then I have to pass it to gas safe engineer Thanks for advice

he is switching to electric radiators powered by his current solar panels.

Has someone competent checked the design of the new all-electric system? During the part of the year that one needs heating PV panels are not going to be producing much energy.

Customers own electrician is carrying out fitting of electric rads I won't have anything to do with that side of things, I do have my doubts about relying on the solars to do all the work!

Similar plumbing topics

Yes you should be able to cut them off in...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Pipe moved...Temporarily fed back...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Back