taking your son to work with you | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss taking your son to work with you in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Scary.
I checked that film out and seems it is from 1927.
That lad would be about 99 years old if he is still around today.

I take my youngest (9 years) to work when its convenient. Ive had him solder pipes a few times his glory moment was firing a boiler for the first time after he watched me install it

My dad had me changing cast iron gutters with him when I was 9 years old, he had me on ladders from 6-7, my mother wasn't happy but my dad said learn early it won't bother him later in life. Never bothered me at all, but now I'm getting on a bit, I do take my time.

My dad had me changing cast iron gutters with him when I was 9 years old, he had me on ladders from 6-7, my mother wasn't happy but my dad said learn early it won't bother him later in life. Never bothered me at all, but now I'm getting on a bit, I do take my time.

best way i found

If I was that young fella up the ladder..I would have needed long trousers and a strong pair of bicycle clip's..lol never been keen working at heights myself...regards Turnpin:nonod:

When you think about it, in 1927 it was probably the norm that your children followed in parents footsteps, don't forget while he was up on the spire, some of his mates would be down a mine, working in a foundry with molten metal. The lad up the ladder was probably the safest of the lot.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
HSE runs a free Gas Safety Advice Line...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I never have, but if it were a decent place...
Replies
Views
W
Thanks so much for your responses. Always good...
Replies
Views
Wes Moore
W
Yeah that would be a good start lol, totally...
Replies
Views
Back