tank fire protectrion | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss tank fire protectrion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
evening all.
quick qestion on fire protection for domestic oil storage tanks. new tank is going to be located in same place as old but to get it to regs needs the extra fire protection. basically along 2 sides ( width and depth ) is brick built buildings belonging to owner. a garage and outer building. so these are rated enough, but the tank is within 1.8m to the eaves. and sionce i first went to look at the job, she has had new soffits / facias all round these buildings!! anybody recommend something suitable ? all be it she will have to have a sheet of galv steel hiding her pretty new facias ??
cheers

abit pricey but i suppose its customers choice either one of those or an ugly fire barrier

Just clicked on the link. Look a legit product but as matt06 says a bit prices, around £700 more than I can get a standard bunded tank for! Also they are a lot bigger than the average tank, again 600-700 MM. longer , so the base in turn will be extended to suit. I best throw some options at the customer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

O
Thanks Simon, Re-reading my post I wasn't...
Replies
Views
Oddbod
O
G
  • Question
Cheers steve will do & much appreciated
Replies
Views
Gentlemen Ben
G
C
I havent met a new oil tank install which met...
Replies
Views
princegoose
P
Back