Tank overflow | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tank overflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ozzy

Hi I have a small tank in the roof for the heating. When the heating is on for the rads and the cylinder the overflow start running. could this be a blocked pipe ?

if the tank is overflowing it is because the water level is to high.
so the question is what is causing that, start with dripping or incorrectly adjusted float valve

Thanks Simon for that I will check that out when I pop around to see them next week as I got to fit an outside tap for them aswell.

Thanks Simon, I had a look on Friday and sure enough the ball valve was dripping and to help it the cardboard someone had put on the top as a lid had got wet and was onto of the float. all good now thanks.

nice when something is an easy fix, glad to hear it's gone well..:clap:

Just remember ozzy that will fix it for now but obviously the washer inside the float valve is wore as adjusting will temperary fix but will go again in future. If this happens fit a new washer inside and u will be sorted for years mate.

Thanks Simon.

I put a new part 2 ball valve and float in Kris as there was a old part 1 and had need bent down to allow it to shut off at sometime. New washer or replace. Thanks Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

see same. below on this as some one has had...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It depends. If there's a hole in the coil, the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
They need to hold there g3 certificate eg...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Over time the cylinder can loose its air...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Back