Tap diffuser part find? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tap diffuser part find? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tawj

Hi

having trouble finding a part for my armitage shanks bathroom sink. Its the bit at the end of the tap, a flow diffuser type thingy... sorry I don't know the proper terminology. Its old and has just deteriorated.

The standard ones I find to buy are screw-in ones that are supposed to fit on most taps, but mine is shaped differently and seems to just push up. (See pics attached)

It seems such a simple part but I've tried the Armitage Shanks site to no avail, so I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction please?

with thanks in advance
T
117530c957f1a720289b61913749ac9a.jpg

aa56315641337206fbe2ab0ab68788dc.jpg

Update:

I've actually found the part at Lunns but........

...looking at the new part it seems that it actually does push-up and screw-in, but the plastic thread part has sheared off and is stuck inside my tap spout!!!!!

Its stuck in fast and haven't got an idea how I'm going to get it out, to get the new one in.
Any ideas gratefully received :-((

T

Is the tap worth the hassle?

There are a number of ways to get the sheared plastic bit out. Depending on the bore (internal diameter) an Easy-Out might fit. Or heat up an old screwdriver and push into the plastic, then unscrew it. Or drill it out.

How badly do you want to keep this tap?

Saved many pounds making my own tap head carrier from milliput after a B. Gas engineer over-clocked its plastic one.

Every penny counts to some people!! Always worth a go using what you have!

Ta!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
Please register with us to receive an answer...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
  • Question
Firstly, I love seeing the world through other...
Replies
Views
As a young man i installed a lot of one pipe...
Replies
Views
D
If the basin is on an outside wall (under the...
Replies
Views
Radioman
R
L
Nah the house is about 10 years old and I...
Replies
Views
longy
L
Back