Tap tails to 15mm copper | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tap tails to 15mm copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Good morning gentlemen. Tomorrow I'm replacing the kitchen mixer tap with a new Chinese one (Cooke & Lewis Amsel) which has 300mm flexy tails with female ends. Because these are longer than the existing rigid tails, I'll be needing new connectors for the 15mm copper feeds which I'll be shortening.

The only problem is that I'm currently a bit crocked up so will have to send The Wife to the plumbers' merchants. She'll have a much easier time of it there if she can ask for the exact item I want - but what is it? The female connector on the tails fits an ordinary 15mm compression coupler in the sense that the threads are the same, but surely I want a flat face for the washer in the tail connector to sit on rather than the chamfered end of that?

So the question is, gents - what's the part I need?

Thank you gentlemen. Yep, I could swop the existing copper tails over but the way I look at it, most new cheapish kitchen mixers seem to come with flexy tails nowadays and the shortest seem to be 300mm. But the existing tails are only about 200mm long, so it makes sense to me to shorten the feed pipes accordingly while I'm at it. OK it's a bit of a faff now, but next time I want to change the tap it'll be a doddle. Hopefully ...

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi. Do you mean the Flomasta one I linked to...
Replies
Views
I was thinking of the Screwfix catalogue that...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Thanks all - ordered the part and it fit!
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the thread on the female irons...
Replies
Views
D
Yes you can, but I would never leave flexis...
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
Back