Tap water shut off location | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tap water shut off location in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

S

seanqw12

Hi

Hoping you guys can help :). We recently moved into a new build (5 years old). Noticed our tap is quite stiff to turn on / off and it drips even when off unless you find just the right position.

To me, a completely amateur DIY'er it suggests it needs a new washer. Youtube / Google suggests that there will be a screw under the cap on the back of the tap and from there its easy-ish.

However, unless I'm missing something, there's no way to shut off the hot or cold from under the sink? what you see in the photos are just connectors?

Does that mean i should be shutting off the mains for cold and boiler for the hot? we have a combi boiler in our kitchen if that matters.

Thanks!

IMG_20160911_130649.jpgIMG_20160911_130729.jpgIMG_20160911_130712.jpgIMG_20160911_130637.jpg

Welcome to the forums, in picture 2&3 it looks like the joints on the 32mm pipe are / have been leaking, worth taking them apart and cleaning the rubber seals whilst you are in plumbing mode.

Having a combi means no water tank in the loft so by turning off the house mains cold water and turning the boiler off there should be little or no water coming through the pipes. But open a cold tap first to be sure.

I would firstly find out what taps you have as they might have ceramic discs rather than rubber washers inside. All in all not a Sunday afternoon job tbh.

Thanks very much guys for the replies. Thinking about the least risky way, might be better to fit isolater valves first. Does anyone have an idea of how you would fit then into the system? Would they be able to squeeze into/ replace the white connectors between the plastic and copper pipes?

Thanks again.

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Great advice, and I really appreciate it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Santhosh. I recommend you get a G3 plumber...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It doesn’t appear you’ve missed anything...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
Back