Taps hot, mixer shower cold: Advice wanted please | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Taps hot, mixer shower cold: Advice wanted please in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

S

stasia

Hello all.

I'm just looking for a bit of advice as our estate agents are causing a bit of a fuss and don't seem to want to acknowledge that there is a problem. All the taps taps in our house are boiling hot, but we have mixer shower which at the hottest setting, is at best, luke warm. When the shower is being turned on, the hot water pipe vibrates violently and makes a lot of noise, though as the shower is turned up higher, this stops.

I don't know much about plumbing (if anything), but this suggests that for whatever reason the hot water seems to not be reaching the shower? Can anyone shed a bit of advice on this, and what it might be? Obviously not having a hot shower in the middle of winter is not fun, though if we call out a plumber, and there is no 'real problem' (whatever that means), we will have to pay. I'm just trying to ascertain that there really is an issue, and it's not something we can fix ourselves.

Any help is super appreciated!

Cheers
Stasia

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 29
post your picture to shower doctor online they will id the shower and you can look up the cartridge details and see how to replace it, as yours is probably past its sell by date

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I’m going to assume you also have a an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It’s more down to the showers arnt designed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Which bar shower have people purchased where...
Replies
Views
  • Question
perfect thanks, Ill grab them tomorrow and try...
Replies
Views
Back