Target Flow Temp Exceeded | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Target Flow Temp Exceeded in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

My boiler (Vaillant eco-Tec +418) was installed around 18 months ago and has been working fine.

However, I recently noticed that the target flow temp is being exceeded.

We control room temp via the room stat, so whilst it is on at the programmer, the CH obviously doesn't come on this time of the year.

The flow temp is set to 60, but when it comes on to heat water, it keeps going until the reading is 65. The tank stat is set at 55. The boiler was not set for cylinder charging.

Would be grateful for comments and advice. Should I be concerned.

Many thanks.

The boiler was not set for cylinder charging ???

Yeah, that is correct. When I press the button underneath the tap icon I get a flashing message 'cylinder charging off'. The fitter said we didn't need it on, so assumed that the diverter valve would operate to ensure cylinder was full of hot water, and cylinder stat would keep the hot water to required temp. Didn't have enough knowledge to argue with him, but expected the boiler to heat water on flow to what I have set. i.e 60 and not 65.

So the cylinder stat has no way of telling the boiler what temperature it should run at. Which makes me think that there is a 5C tolerance built into the boiler - mine (not Vaillant) has the same.

At the moment you have the boiler set to 60C and want the HW cylinder heated to 55C. Normally there should be a 10-15C difference, so the cylinder heats up faster. Also the recommended cylinder temperature is 60C - it kills off any legionella present.

Thanks for the info. I managed to get hold of the fitter on the phone this afternoon and he said, 'No that is fine, it’s just the boiler modulating the burn as it should do'.

Re the cylinder stat, I note that it's wired into a junction box, as is the programmer, diverter valve and pump.

I would expect the cylinder stat, programmer etc to be connected to a junction box; the boiler will also be connected to the box. The cylinder stat is just a temperature controlled on/off switch. All it can do is tell the boiler to turn on or off; it can't tell it what temperature to run at. For that you would need more sophisticated controls.

Similar plumbing topics

well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Suggest changing the Kw from Auto to 6kw, also...
Replies
Views
Yes, otherwise they'd never meet regs. Doing...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
just turned off the controls and temps sky...
Replies
Views
Back