Tax Return | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tax Return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Well it's that time of year where my pile of rubbish, sorry, business critical documentation becomes my tax return. So It's all spread across the dining room table, wife comes in and asks what am I doing. My tax, 'oh' she says, 'with me selling my business I won't have to do one will I', and in my best chruchill dog voice it's an 'oh yes'. 'Oh excrement' is the reply. She's been onto her accountant who for some reason was a bit snotty on the phone, don't know why :), who wants 450 up front to do the accounts.

So muggins now has to shove, sorry, file all the business critical documentation to one side and go through the wifes books.

My heads hurting.

Hate sorting mine as it is, but her 'filing' system is worse than mine. Luckily I can smell sunday dinner cooking so feeling a bit happier now.

mines due in april , hate sorting it even worse this year as now putting VAT on my labour in case in stumble over threshold

Im still on last years. Deadline in a couple of weeks:mad:

Hope i don't owe anything cos i ain't got nowt .....

Dreading all this, currently waiting for a date to attend an HMRC self-assessment workshop. Luckily I have an accountant in the family who takes care of family member's tax returns for free.

Im still on last years. Deadline in a couple of weeks:mad:

Hope i don't owe anything cos i ain't got nowt .....

Same as accountants got mine at the minute hoping for a small bill, you should have loads of money your top of google rankings in your area :wink_smile:

I've been PAYE for over 2 years now and they still send me one! There idiots

I've been PAYE for over 2 years now and they still send me one! There idiots

You can ask them not to send you one and sometimes they oblige,

Just for information though, my girlfriend is PAYE but insists on doing one each year, each year she gets a refund from the Nazi gits, by the time accountant fees are taken into account we're (notice its gone from her to us) still better off.

Well, I'm just having a big piece of humble pie after my fantastic sunday roast. Turns out she's far better organised than me. Looks like I might have to employ her part time :)

My mrs is an accountant. So once a year she becomes quite useful. I just hand her tesco carrier bags full of receipts and it's done by the time I've finished my nap! Bless her!

gee! thanks for reminding me, shoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot.

my accounts are resembling a waste paper bin......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hmmm. To us, it wouldn't make a huge amount...
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
now i'm thinking that might be the best thing...
Replies
Views
R
That answers me question, Well done you.
2 3
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
Back