Telescope fitting?? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Telescope fitting?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how to name the type of fitting I am seeking but telescope seems to me to fit the bill. What I am looking for is a compression fitting that enables the replacement of a section of copper pipe where there is no movement on the cut ends (i.e. the gap between the cut ends cannot be increased so that a straight coupler can be inserted). I seem to remember seeing a fitting years ago that can be shortened to fit between the cut ends then lengthened so that the joints can be made. Any ideas?

Many thanks for the prompt reply. I googled "slip coupler" and it seems that several suppliers do them. The ones I found look, outwardly, like conventional solder capillary couplers but I assume that there is a stop at only one end of the coupler whereas in a conventional coupler there are stops at both ends - is this correct? Is it possible to obtain compression fittings that do the same job?

normal couplers have a crimp or ring in the middle whereas the slip coupler doesent letting it slide right up the pipe. only seen them in end feed/solder

Capilliary Slip Connector, no stops.
Standard Connector, 1 stop in the middle.

Is this what you are looking for?

FMCO301CSC.jpg
Compression repair coupling, it doesn't shorten or lengthen like a telescope, but it solves the problem that it sounds like you have, provided you have room.

get a standard compression coupling and file the stop ring out of the middle, will take you a while but it does work , tried and tested ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Is the socket dirty or scorched?
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It was just a thought. I had the experience of...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, pipe is pull off push on, usually...
Replies
Views
Back