Telford unvented cylinders having a lower capacity than stated? | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Telford unvented cylinders having a lower capacity than stated? in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

Jim Goodenough

Esteemed
Plumber
Hello all,

I recently bought a Tempest 300 L indirect, it measures 1650 H x 480 D. The 300 L is handwritten on the label which concerns me a bit.

So I called Telford technical and they advised the insulation is 40 mm, therefore dia. is 400 and the height 1610 (insulation on top only), and said the capacity is 294 L. To me that calculates at only 202 L, is that correct or not?

Regards
Jim

The volume occupied by the cylinder is indeed approximately 300 litres; and your calculations of a usable volume of approximately 200 litres is also correct.

Presumably there’s been some sort of mix-up, they surely aren’t sold by the physical volume - it must be the useable volume…?

You may have spoken to a technical bod who took the 294 litres from a technical drawing as this would be the overall volume, not the useable.

Back