Temperature & Pressure Relief Pipes | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Temperature & Pressure Relief Pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rory D Marshall

On an Un-vented hot water cylinder or system boiler, can the pressure relief pipe exit into a clay soil stack?

The pipe isn't able to exit outside, as the exterior face of the builiding is not allowed to be damaged. The clay SV Pipes run inside the building so are you able to run the relief pipe directly into this?

I have spoken to a couple of manufacturer's regarding this and they say it's dependant on the building regs. But I can't seem to find where to view the Building Regulation G3..

Any help appreciated

Thanks

what do the MI for the unvented cylinder say? the unvented training notes changed late last year to include connection to an internal soil stack using a suitable connection, so i would have thougth they would all be the same now, there is a requirement for the right material to be used and it needs to be fitted in a certain way but an approved installer should know the updated regs (although that isn't 100% correct based on discussions with qualified people lately) ifyou have decided what model to get check online for the MI and all will be clear

The cylinder being used is a Potterton Gold. But when I spoke to Potterton Technical advice they said they couldn't advise on that particular subject and that i'd have to consult the building regs.

Do you know what the connector type is that you need to connect into a clay sv pipe?

this is a cut and paste from the potterton gold MI, what you need to comply with the dry trap is a HEPvO
the actual fitting required to connect into the stack will depend on the type/size of pipe fitted, best to let your plumber sort that for himself (if it isnt you who is fitting) as a problem with the stack connection will cause major problems with leaks

3.60 The discharge pipe should not be connected to a soil discharge stack unless it can be demonstrated that that the soil discharge stack is capable of safely withstanding temperatures of the water discharged, in which case, it should:
(a) contain a mechanical seal, not incorporating a water trap, which allows water into the branch pipe without allowing foul air from the drain to be ventilated through the tundish;

(b) be a separate branch pipe with no sanitary appliances connected to it;
(c) if plastic pipes are used as branch pipes carrying discharge from a safety device they should be either polybutalene (PB) to Class S of BS 7291-2:2006 or cross linked polyethylene (

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that. I've just purchased a HepVO waste valve so that should be sorted. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't remember that being in part H. It...
Replies
Views
I think this section of Part G 3 makes it...
Replies
Views
https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
It doesn’t look like the internal pipe has...
Replies
Views
Back