Temporarily blanking a pipe | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Temporarily blanking a pipe in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hello. I'm removing a sink temporarily to have flooring fitted. The pipe isn't fitted with a ball valve to isolate at the pipe. The flexi pipe connector is a 10mm connection (not a 15mm) and I am really struggling to find something that will blank this off at the pipe (it's a 'male' fitting with the threads on the outside). I can find loads of 15mm blanks, but not something to fit a 10mm screw. The flexi pipe connector is fairly new and is also 10mm (although I cannot find any 10mm flexis online either?). Is there a solution to temporarily blank off the pipes so the water can stay on while the flooring is getting fitted. I even considered taking the tap off the sink and suspending that and just removing the physical sink..

1. It sounds as if you want to blank off that part of the flexi which screws into the tap. Don't think you'll find a blanking cap with an M10 female thread.
2. Easier to blank off where the flex joins the main pipework of the property, usually 300 or 500 mm from the base of the tap.
3. If the main pipework (not flexi) is 15 mm, then use a JG Speedfit push fit stop end. Perfectly adequate for a temporary job. However, if the 15 mm pipe ends with a compression fitting, use a compression stop end, otherwise you will have to remove and later replace the olive.
4. If the main pipework is not 15 mm, use a push fit or compression fitting appropriate to the pipe size.

Thank you all. This is a photo of it
20211002_083616.jpg

Any chance of a picture of the flex ?
20211002_083616.jpg

15mm x 3/8" male irons.
Take off the fitting and stick a couple of 15mm comp stop ends or take fitting off and stick on a couple of 15mm isolation valves to save turning water off again.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Correct. Bleed from bottom up to allow air...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably all off one main hence your problem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. Do you mean the Flomasta one I linked to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a chattering float valve in the loft...
Replies
Views
Back